Potstickers, also known as gyoza, are savory Asian dumplings filled with chicken, pork, shrimp, or vegetables. Trader Joe’s has several varieties all in the frozen section. Frozen potstickers are staples in our freezer, ready to be pan cooked, combined with stir-fried veggies, or used in a soup like we have here.
This recipe is from our newest Trader Joe’s cookbook “The 5 Ingredient Cookbook” in which all the recipes have (you probably already guessed) five ingredients or fewer. In this yummy soup, Trader Joe’s mouth-watering Thai Red Curry Sauce forms the base, thinned with savory chicken broth.
Baby bok choy and basil add color and fresh flavor. It’s an easy heat-and-eat meal, quick enough for any weeknight. We used boy choy, but you can add any veggies or greens you have on hand including red bell pepper, spinach, or shredded carrots.
- 1 (1-lb) bag frozen potstickers, any variety
- 1 (11-oz) jar Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced baby bok choy (approximately 3 baby bok choy)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- Add curry and broth to a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir together and bring to a simmer.
- Add potstickers and bok choy, simmering for 10 minutes until potstickers are heated through. Stir in basil and serve.