Hot and creamy spinach artichoke dip is a party classic. Our recipe for this go-to appetizer is made quickly on the stovetop using simple ingredients from Trader Joe’s. It’s ready in minutes and leaves the oven available for the main meal or dessert. This easy appetizer recipe appears in our latest Trader Joe’s cookbook, “The 5 Ingredient Cookbook.”
Stovetop Spinach-Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 (16-oz) pkg frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, or 2 cubes frozen Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Using hands, squeeze all water out of thawed spinach. It should measure 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until cheese is melted and dip is very hot (2-3 minutes).
- Serve immediately with crackers, pita chips, sliced baguette, or cut veggies.
Prep and cooking time: 10 minutes
Per serving: 120 calories, 6 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 9 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 248 mg sodium