My kids love asking for “Sticky Chicky,” our easy version of Asian take-out honey sesame chicken. Serve over sticky rice or jasmine rice. Add an easy side by stir frying baby bok choy in the same pan immediately after finishing the chicken. This recipe is from our Trader Joe’s cookbook, “The 5 Ingredient Cookbook.”
Sticky Chicky Recipe
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken (about 2 breasts or 4 thighs)
- 3 Tbsp Soyaki teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (optional)
- Add Soyaki, honey, and ketchup to a bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Coat in flour.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes each side). Lower heat to medium and cook an extra 4 minutes until pieces are cooked through.
- Turn heat off. Drizzle Soyaki mixture over chicken, gently stirring for about 1 minute until sauce is thick and clinging to the chicken. (Residual heat of pan should be enough to thicken the sauce.) Garnish with green onions.
Prep and cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Per serving: 245 calories, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 15 g protein, 22 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 465 mg sodium