Forget about mixing up any dough. This easy cobbler recipe uses canned biscuits that bake up buttery and golden, a wonderful contrast to the sweet and tangy berry filling. You can find canned biscuits at Trader Joe’s (and most other grocers) in the refrigerated section. The great thing about this cobbler is that it’s an absolute breeze to make and it’s very easy to serve – one biscuit per serving along with a scoop of the delicious warm berries. Top with vanilla ice cream for an irresistible classic combination that never fails to get rave reviews.
I love the frozen fruit available at Trader Joe’s, especially given that most of them are available organic. I keep a selection in the freezer ready for an impromptu smoothie, pie, ice cream, or cobbler. This recipe is very flexible – substitute equal amounts of any berry or other frozen fruit that you like. Enjoy!
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 (12-oz) bags frozen mixed berries (or choose 1 bag blueberry, 1 bag raspberry)
- 1/3 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp, divided
- 1 orange (juice plus zest)
- 1 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add berries, 1/3 cup sugar, orange juice (about ¼ cup), zest (about ½ Tbsp), and flour to a saucepan. Stir and heat until it comes to a boil. Pour into a pie dish. Place the biscuits on top of the berries. Sprinkle biscuits with 1 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Cool for 15 minutes or so. Serve in bowls with some of the berry filling and a biscuit.