Baked Brie is one of the most popular appetizers I make; even the kids love it. When I was a kid, every holiday season my mom would buy a huge apricot baked Brie from the local grocer. Even though I was a picky eater as a kid, baked Brie was one of my favorite things.
Now I make my own versions of baked Brie, including the Apricot Baked Brie (topped with apricot jam and sliced almonds) and this Raspberry Baked Brie (topped with raspberry jam and pecans). It’s perfect to pair with roasted garlic bulbs and a crusty baguette or assortment of crackers. It takes about 20-25 minutes to bake, so it’s convenient for popping into the oven shortly before guests arrive. The Raspberry Baked Brie recipe is from our newest book “Cooking with Trader Joe’s: The 5 Ingredient Cookbook“ available everywhere books are sold.
- 1 (~0.6-lb) wedge Brie cheese, such as Double Crème Brie
- 3 heaping Tbsp raspberry preserves, such as Organic Reduced Sugar Raspberry Preserves
- 3 Tbsp chopped roasted and salted pecans
- 1 Tbsp triple sec or Cointreau (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut off top rind of Brie. Place the wedge of Brie in a small baking dish that is slightly bigger than the Brie. Top with raspberry preserves and sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle with triple sec.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes (depends on size of Brie) or until cheese is melting and starting to ooze and fill the dish. Remove from oven and let dish cool slightly so no enthusiastic guest burns a hand or tongue. Serve with water crackers or crusty bread.