This recipe may win the award for Laziest Strawberry Shortcake. Stop by Trader Joe’s, pick up a can of refrigerated biscuits, strawberries, a canister of whipped cream, some sugar if you don’t already have some, and you’re set for tonight’s dessert. It might be embarrassingly easy, but it’s good and it’s a fun one to make with the kids since they can pretty much do it all themselves. Enjoy!
- 1 (16-oz) can Buttermilk Biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Whipped cream canister
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice strawberries and place in a bowl. Stir in sugar and let sit for 30 minutes until strawberries soften and juices are released.
- While strawberries are softening, bake the biscuits for 16-18 minutes.
- Cut biscuits in half, spoon in strawberries and top with whipped cream. Close the biscuit and add more whipped cream on top. Garnish with a fresh strawberry, if desired.
What does macerated mean? It just means that the strawberries are tossed in a bit of sugar and then soften in their own liquid.