Cranberry Pecan Pie is deliciously tart and sweet, perfect with a dollop of whipped cream, and a great dessert for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday party. The crust is a prebaked Trader Joe’s frozen pie crust, and the cranberry filling requires no baking in the oven. Fresh cranberries are combined with orange juice, lemon zest, sugar, and cornstarch, and cooked until thick. Chopped pecans are stirred in at the end.
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 2 (12-oz) bags of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prebake crust according to package instructions, using a 9-inch pie dish or 9-inch deep tart pan. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, sugar, and lemon zest in medium saucepan, over medium high heat. Cover and stir occasionally, lowering heat if mixture starts to boil over. Cook for 15 minutes or until cranberries are cooked down.
- Add the cornstarch-orange juice mixture and stir in well. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. The cranberry mixture may have a pink color at first from the cornstarch, but as it cooks it will darken again. Stir in pecans.
- Remove cranberry mixture from heat and allow to cool, covered in saucepan, for 10 minutes. Pour into prebaked pie shell. Let sit at room temperature for 4-5 hours. Serve with sweetened whipped cream.