What’s better than warm biscuits from the oven? Warm biscuits with bits of bacon and cheddar cheese, that’s what. Trader Joe’s boxed pancake mix is combined with cold milk and cold butter to make warm, buttery biscuits. Make sure you use cold butter and cold milk because this technique makes the biscuits flakier and lighter. You want to cut the butter into the flour and mix until just combined so there are tiny bits of butter throughout coated in flour. Serve these home-style beauties with any breakfast or brunch fare such as eggs, fruit, or country gravy.
This easy recipes is from our latest Trader Joe’s cookbook, The 5 Ingredient Cookbook.
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups Buttermilk Pancake & Baking Mix
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold
- 2 slices Fully Cooked Bacon, crisped in microwave and chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cups whole milk, cold
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Add baking mix to large bowl. Cube cold butter and add to mix, using your fingers to crumble butter into mix until pea-sized crumbles form. Stir in bacon and cheese. Make a well in center of mixture and add milk, stirring only until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop batter (8 large spoonfuls) onto ungreased baking sheet or one lined with a baking liner. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden on top.